View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #79
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom View Post
Maybe I'm not a typical user. I don't buy so many books (half a dozen since I got the KT last summer) and mostly look for old classics I want to read again. And since I've upgraded to 1.9.16 I haven't seen the "Recommended for you" option yet. It is just absent from the drop down. And when I go through the desktop application I see that that list is empty, which probably explains it. The Carousel area has been set to the shortlist (or favourites, for this is how it translated to in French) from the get go.

So, to sum up, it seems people that are not interested at all in buying books, that do not go through the Kobo web site even for freebies, and that only sideload epubs, this development should be a non-event.
That seems to be my experience as well. I mostly sideload (via calibre) books I get for free and haven't seen the "recommended" screen. I asked my husband how he likes the shortlist being right there and he is happy with it as he only has a half dozen books on the short list anyway.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote