View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #11
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I've not heard of the Meisterstück Gold-Coated Classique Ballpoint Pen although I've come across some very expensive pens via YouTube videos, like the following:
Meisterstück is a line of writing instruments by MontBlanc, they come in ball points, rollerballs, pencils and fountain pens, the "Gold-Coated" means that the pointy end, middle band, and clip are gold filled (18K I think). They also have platinum and other precious metals. They come in various diameters and weights, but the Classique is fairly large and heavy and are made of black resin (plastic). They start at about $250 US and go up from there into the thousands. Mine was/is the $250 variety. They are often discounted, and I've seen them for as little as $100 US.

They all have a distinctive (and trade marked) white six pointed star set in black plastic on the end opposite the point so that it shows when wearing the pen in a shirt pocket, hence the term "nerd bling" since it functions as bragging rights to those who know what it is. It used to be fairly common to see Physicians wearing them and writing prescriptions with them, but that's less common these days.

See, I've arrived; I can afford this ridiculously expensive piece of plastic that can easily be replace by a twenty nine cent Bic.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote