View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #10
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I really like using Fountain pens, rather sad that everything I do is on a computer now, so little opportunity for writing with pen and ink.
I know the feeling. I do far less actual writing (as in with a pen/pencil than I used to). While writing electronically is very handy, sometimes it is nice to just sit down with a pen/pencil and a pad of paper and just write. It's unfortunate that letter writing has gone to the wayside for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I have a Meisterstück Gold-Coated Classique Ballpoint Pen which I call my nerd bling. But lately, I prefer using a cheaper Pentel RSVP Pen which I "customize" with paper inserts which show through the clear barrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yup, "nerd bling" is a apt name. It's amazing how many people recognize the signature white star on the end. Usually people over forty or so. It would seem that GenXers and younger are more attuned to Apple.
I've not heard of the Meisterstück Gold-Coated Classique Ballpoint Pen although I've come across some very expensive pens via YouTube videos, like the following:

I'm more concerned with how a pen writes rather than how it looks, and any single pen that costs more than $40 is too much for me. Right now, I'm fine with disposable pens (like the Uni-Ball Vision and Uni-Ball Roller) that reasonably write well. I still use my Sheaffer fountain pens (more than a decade old) from time to time, and fortunately ink cartridges for them are still available.

When it comes to ballpoint pens, both the Bic Cristal and the Pentel R.S.V.P. are fine when I have to use a ballpoint pen (such as when I have to write on plastic sheets where writing on them with other types pens would lead to easy smearing). As I mentioned before, the one type of pen (of any type I avoid) is a retractable.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote