Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #1019
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by feklee View Post
When I installed Duokan 2012 R1.1 Stable on my Kindle Keyboard 3G (GB) about a yer ago, I did a factory reset, thereby getting rid of the jailbreak that I had installed earlier.

Now, I would like to have the Jailbreak back, in order to use USB networking with the VNC viewer to make the Kindle a second screen to my laptop (potentially interesting in bright sunlight).

Is it possible to install the jailbreak in parallel to Duokan?

I tried the usual method of installing the jailbreak, copying the corresponding `bin` file to the root directory, then rebooting. However, that did not work. Upon loading, there was a message that the update failed. I know that a similar message shows up even when jailbreak installation succeeds, but then the Kindle automatically reboots, and in my case it didn't. Nevertheless, I tried installing USB networking, but - no surprise - I could not activate it afterwards. So the jailbreak most likely did not work.
Would it have been an error 003 by any chance?

Try install the MR packages by: Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update Kindle

And with only one of them on the USB storage at any one time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote