View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #142
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I read that stuff because I *want* to have to suspend disbelief.

If you can't do that, then you lack imagination. IMHO, of course. (It's something else if you can, but don't *want* to.)
There is no right or wrong answer here. I think it's insulting to say that people who can't suspend disbelief of the supernatural lack imagination. It could be argued that people who can't think of an interesting story without using elements that don't exist lack imagination, or that people who think stories without superhuman elements are boring lack imagination.

I would say that we all have imagination, but it is not all of the same type or kind. And I would be hard pressed to say that one type or kind is better than another.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote