View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #11
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
Okay, I did definitely misunderstand, then. If it's just status in a book, then yeah, that's easy. I thought we were talking about full-on syncing of everything, ePub, bookmarks, highlights, notes, the works. The ePub itself was where legal troubles could be, hence my entire, you know, five paragraphs on Google avoiding legal issues with MP3 files and how that could apply to an 'everything being synced' situation.

But given that we're not talking about everything being synced, feel free to ignore my post back there.
Actually, you could sync all that other stuff up in a similar way w/o needing a definitive copy uploaded to kobo. The data would just be in other tables in the same DB. As I understand it the ebook file itself does not get modified with bookmarks, highlights, notes, etc. The only reason you would want a definitive copy at Kobo would be so you could download the file from a central source or your device has no way of sideloading otherwise.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote