View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 03:01 AM   #14
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I must say I've been rediscovering the SciFiction archives myself recently. I was very aware of the site while it was online, but despite the magnificent quality of the fiction (as I'm finding out) I only ever read one story from it (Lucius Shephard, I think it was called Two Trains Running), simply because I can't and won't read fiction off of a computer screen. So I've been copying and pasting stories as rtf files and reading them on my Sony 505, which is of course an infinitely better way to read them. There's more than five years worth of stuff there, and Datlow is, as someone pointed out, one of the very best editors in the business.

It makes me wonder how SciFiction might have fared if it was still around, since frankly we need something like that more than ever.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote