View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou007 View Post
It did.

I already hacked the SQL database in order to access the interface. I then installed 2.6.1.

Still have a couple of questions:

The instructions for hacking the SQL database say at the end:

The whole database can be dumped with

echo .dump | sqlite3 .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite

I'm not very good at CLIs, and I screwed that part up because I didn't specify the directory correctly. So, what is that supposed to do? I thought it meant output the changes to the file, however, as soon as I executed the previous commands, the file was modified. So what is that last step for?
As BWinmill said, this just writes the contents of the database to the screen. You should pipe that to a file to save it. But, that is pretty useless. If you want a backup, simply take a copy of the database file.
Quote:
Recommendations actually sound interesting - are they only based on Kobo Marketplace items, or anything you're reading?
They are based on your interactions with the Kobo shop. Look at a few books and it will recommend similar. You can mark a book as "Not interested" or "Already have". But, from my experience, buying books from Kobo has the most impact. After I bought a few, the recommendation where a lot better.

I do not believe that Kobo look at the sideloaded books at all. My proof is only that I until I started using the Kobo shop a bit, the recommendations sent to me were completely off the mark.
Quote:
Can I get the dictionary? Does it work with any KePub format file?
The dictionary works with both epubs and kepubs. I don't know about the other formats.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote