View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #84
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I have a Nexus 7 too, and like it so far. However, as a pure reading device, I honestly do not see reason for front camera, GPS or bluetooth.

If the device is for reading books, why all that? To me, weight, nice CPU and RAM to handle PDF or the reading app itself, are more important. Unless it will be the all around device that wil be also used for browsing and Internet.

But after so many years and several tablets, I keep going back to the iPad (for non eink, I still prefer eink as main technology for ebooks). I even bought the iPad3 recently. While not as portable as Nexus 7, Kindle Fire or new Nook HD, it has plenty of power and resolution to read from Kindle for iOs and PDFs via GoodReader.

And with Kindle PW coming, I will ... again ... have a super reading combo at home! Which makes me re-evaluate what reading gap the Nexus 7 will be fulfilling, if one.

Last edited by jocampo; 09-29-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Fixing some English typos
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote