View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapt0 View Post
That's not possible as I am receiving digests from a number of sources (Instapaper, other newspapapers) via the email address.

You talk about preventive measures, are you saying it is likely that the update will brick the Kindle if it happens?
Nobody knows for sure. I'd hate to be the one to say no and be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapt0 View Post
Is there any way to avoid the update, maybe with a hack?

Also, why are people in general not worried about this? Am I the only one who uses the wifi functionality to receive Calibre news feeds etc?

Custom screensavers are nice but it's definitely not worth the risk of bricking your device at any point?

I have a wifi Kindle 3 so I can't guarantee it won't update as it's connected to the wifi at home.
Maybe this post will solve your worries:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122000

Last edited by kranu; 07-07-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: changed link to updated version
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote