View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Love the book. Have read it several times.

In 1996 I rode a bicycle from Jerusalem to South Africa and became utterly desperate for something to read. In Nairobi I found a copy of Moby Dick and dragged it along. I had become obsessed by weight by this time so as I read the book I tore off the finished pages and used them for starting the evening fire and other less polite things. I was sad when eventually all I had was the back cover and a few final pages left in my hand. Developed an emotional attachment to the book. Loved the language. Good times.

Me..... Had a similar experience...tore it up as I was reading on the road. Loved it..used it as a pillow for half of my trip...sleeping in train stations in parts of Europe.... I think it is a classic. I understand why people dislike it but... I am one of those who love literature...and may be snobbish about some of what I refuse to read..but so be it....

As for EDITING: TOLKIEN, Stephen King, Dickens, quite a few scifi authors and heaps of other writers needed and need heaps of editing... yet people seem to wade through PULP FICTION series that never end... not for me but good for some....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote