View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #97
vitor.fernandes
vitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughingvitor.fernandes can shake the floor when laughing

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I'm surprised as well. I learned this lesson early on w/ my first reader, the Sony PRS-505. I knew it had crazy battery life, so I forgot to charge it. I was working out on the StairMaster when it died. I thought it was broken. It was "stuck" on a page and for the life of my I couldn't change it, I couldn't go back to "Home", and I couldn't turn it off. I tried to reset it, and nothing. I looked at the battery icon and it read "full" to me since it was solid. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it off of the page of words.

After finishing my work out and getting some food in my belly, it hit me. The solid battery icon might not be "full" but "empty"! So, I plugged it in. About 3 minutes later, it started to come alive.

So I learned, that if there is no battery in the reader, it will be stuck on the page, just like an etch-a-sketch, because it only uses power to change the page.

Oh my, that's funny, it's exactly what happened to me when I had my first e-reader, Kindle 3, I was trying everything, even went to the web to research about it before I realized it was the battery.
vitor.fernandes is offline   Reply With Quote