View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #96
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
Obviously, I haven't experienced a cracked screen but if twisting is the primary cause of breakage, doesn't that take a fair bit of effort to cause that situation to happen? So in that case, the worst situation we can have with the Glo is that they value-engineered the glass or the frame, to be more fragile than the KTouch. The fact that they would have glass in the first place is therefore, just status-quo, correct? So, I guess my question then is, what is all the fuss about?
If you search the forums someone posted pics of the innards of a Kobo. We are talking a near paper thin piece of glass so it wouldn't take much bend over the fairly large surface area of device to stress it enough to break.
But I do agree that worst case should be status quo. Marketing dept likely never thought of the other ways no glass could be interpreted.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote