View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #95
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
All e-ink except the new LG(??) have a very thin glass substrate that the e-ink film is laid on. Breakage can happen to any of them, but from what I've seen it's primarily twisting rather than an obvious "trauma" to the screen that seems to do it.
So in that case, the worst situation we can have with the Glo is that they value-engineered the glass or the frame, to be more fragile than the KTouch. The fact that they would have glass in the first place is therefore, just status-quo. So, I guess my question then is, what is all the fuss about? From what Sombreastre says, it sounds like we really need to watch where we put our rear-ends.

Last edited by TongueTied; 09-13-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Added a thought
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote