View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #7
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
To answer your question neufsix,

I think things are simple: we use what we know the best. Jellby and pholy are using vim because they know it a lot and you use Emacs for the very same reason.

Most people use Word (or the Writer of LibreOffice/AOO) so they tend or they want to use it to create epub.

And when people do not know much about the epub format or html, they just tend to use Calibre, an all in one solution.

If I must create an epub from strach, I'll certainly use NoteTab or Pspad but if the file is in doc format and well structured, I'm going to convert it first in html and use Sigil to set things up. I think this is where it comes handy and why I like to use it.

BTW Emacs is born in 1976 and the current version is 24.3; Sigil in 2009 and has not still reach version 1. Let it a chance!

Last edited by Arios; 04-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote