View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #16
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
Others have addressed the DRM and lossy aspect of digitized music, so I won't touch on that other than to agree 100% with not wanting those in my archive.

Now, that silly piece of plastic, well, I have plenty of music CD's bordering on 20 yrs old and no sign of degradation. I've ripped, and re-ripped some of my discs over the years with no problems at all. Rip once with a good drive and something like EAC on the PC, or XLD on the Mac, to a lossless format and you're good to go for years.
I also haven't seen any degradation in my older CDs which are approaching 25 years of age. All are ripped to a lossless format. Before WMA lossless was around I ripped to MP3 and still do for use on a cheap Sansa Clip that I use when I exercise.

If I'm just interested in a track or two from an album I will buy the mp3 but most of the time I buy the CD.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote