Thread: Metadata issues
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waba View Post
Having the exact same problem. Imported all my books into Calibre, spent a few hours setting the metadata.

Everything looks fantastic. Then I send to device and it's almost as it the Sony505 isn't reading the Calibre metadata at all. I'm getting inconsistent file names, authors that I specifically remember deleting in the Calibre Edit metadata.

Most of these are PDFs.
Calibre only updates the metadata of certain formats. PDF may be one that it doesn't write metadata to. I think PDF is only a "source" format for calibre. Basically if calibre can convert "to" a format I believe it will re-write the file with the metadata from the database when you do a send to device on those cases.

For files that it can't convert "to" (pdf for one) it will not re-write the file on a send to disk, but only copy the source file that is in your library. This is also true of files with DRM on them. Since it is not able to read a file with DRM it is not able to re-write this file.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote