View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #135
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Grmf… according to wikipedia, Edmund Wilson only departed from this vale of tears in 1972.
Axel's Castle was published in 1931. I hadn't even thought to check Wilson's dates because the book has been available from Archive.org for such a long time. I used to have copies of his diary-derived books, The Twenties and The Thirties and thought of him as Fitzgerald's contemporary, which he was.

I also hadn't realized that even Fitz's books won't be in the public domain until 2021.

If the terms of U.S. copyright law are always the life of the author plus 70 years, then why has Axel's Castle been available on archive.org since 2005? Does that San-Francisco-based site not honor said terms in its own country?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 08-13-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote