View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I usually read with my bedroom light on (I have my own room, after all) so the light was never really a concern of mine. A bigger issue is the Paperwhite's lack of a physical home button. Since I started off with a Touch, I don't see the value of the Paperwhite to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The Touch has more storage.
That doesn't matter. To quote myself on a different thread,
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
And since the 3.5GB in the Kindle Touch can hold about 3,000 average-sized books, you don't need expandable memory. If you read 100 books A DAY you will still have one month of reading on your Kindle. At a more reasonable but still exorbitant 3 books a day, you will have nearly 3 YEARS worth. I'm sure somewhere along the way you can get to a computer and swap them for new ones.
(Same logic applies to every other eReader, including the Kindle Paperwhite which has (shudder) a measly 1.5 GB and about a year's worth of books.)
Originally, I was talking about Kindle vs. Nook's memory card slot, but here too, SPACE IS NOT AN ISSUE! An ebook averages at 1MB, and you don't need more than 100 MB of memory to hold all the books the average reader will read in a year.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote