View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Rooting may have overwritten the firmware which sustains the speakers. I suggest you un-root it and then see if the sound works.

Rooting may also cancel your one year warrenty from Amazon.
No, rooting did not cause the problem because it's been rooted for months with no issue. Plus I found other folks who have had the same issue on non-rooted Kindle Fires on the the Amazon forums. I think somehow it got stuck in headphone mode (I had a cell phone that used to do this).

I did a factory reset it this morning and the sound issue is resolved. I think it is still rooted because some of my rooted apps including Super SU are still present. I know for sure later today when I have time to test the apps.

Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: I can confirm that I am still rooted and sound is still working.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-25-2013 at 09:24 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote