View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #549
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I love this thread because if lurkers become convinced Overdrive is really this bad, that means fewer borrowers and shorter queues
Always the selfless

Quote:
As for the substance, I am a little unsure of myself. Overdrive says the number of clicks is now less. But even though I don't mind it, it does clearly seem to me that there are more clicks. Is that true for everyone? Or is Overdrive simply lying? Or are their programmers just doing their level best, which doesn't happen to be outstanding?

People lie everyday, and I don't believe in getting moralistic about it. Especially as Overdrive is still far superior to 3M Cloud Library systems. So long as I don't have to drive to Brooklyn to get the books, I'm fine with it.
It takes me many more clicks to achieve the same as before. From browser view, before, I could tell the installment number in a series without any clicks, now it takes me 2. One more click - so 3 clicks in total - showed me all books in a series along with installment number, now 1 more click shows me the series minus the installment number and with cut-off titles and author names.
In the new view, I don't have a clue what order to read the books in: a seven book series requires you to click on each individual book cover to even see what the title of the book is, as well as installment number, then you need to click back and repeat the process - 7 times in all x2, so 14 clicks instead of 3.

Browsing my genre, before was 2 clicks: Browse -> SciFi and Fantasy
Now, 3-5 plus scrolling: Menu -> View more -> scroll, scroll -> view more, but add at least another click in 50% of the cases if I want to find out a book title.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote