View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
So you're saying the Kobo's so sub-optimal greyscale conversion / it's better to upload covers / images already converted to greyscale my Calibre?
Hmmm... suboptimal? Quite likely. It takes quite a few CPU cycles to dither the image. Since I seldom spend much time looking at the cover images, it doesn't bother me. On a few occasions, I have taken colour illustrations in a book and converted them to what I consider to be a better format.

As for Calibre's conversion, I've never used it so not sure as to whether it dithers images or if it dithers them, what algorithm it uses for the dithering. Gives me something to play with this weekend.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote