View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #81
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
Well, I'm glad to see that it works for some people anyway. I've been involved in a discussion on the Amazon discussion site about this issue and it appears lots of people are having this problem with no fix in site so far.

When I double click on my Kindle for pc icon, whether it's the shortcut on my desktop, or the exe file in the start menu, nothing happens. I see the hourglass icon next to my cursor for a second and then nothing. I've deinstalled kindle for pc multiple times, deleted folders, cleaned out registry entries, deregistered my kindle, moved the contents folder to a different location, all kinds of stuff. I've downloaded kindle for pc from amazon multiple times, tried to install it using run as administrator and still nothing.

At this point, I'm glad the books I had actually purchased I ran through calibre, otherwise I would have no access to them. Oh well, I did enjoy the occasional freebie from Amazon, but I guess no more.
OK. I may have a fix for you. Was at my SIL's house and had to install k4PC on her laptop (Win7). Her old one would not open. I installed the new version downloaded from Amazon's site. Restarted the computer and clicked on the icon and had the same results as you. A flash and then nothing. When I would start it from the Start menu it would open.

Here's what I then did.

1. Delete the icon from the desktop. Don't uninstall K4PC just delete the icon.

2. Go to Start\Programs\Amazon\Kindle. Right mouse click on the kindle app and drag to desktop. Click 'create shortcut here'.

Now when I click the icon, K4PC opens up fine.

Hope this helps.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote