View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #70
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroso View Post
Are you in the US? Does this also work in other countries to which Amazon ships Kindles and provides Whispersync via 3G? I'm trying to understand whether it's possible to transfer a personal document to a Kindle 3 3G, without Wi-Fi, in such a way that last page read is subsequently kept synchronized. I guess sideloading via USB is not an option for this.
I should have mentioned that.

I have a 3G Kindle purchased in the United Kingdom from Amazon.co.uk

Kindles purchased from Amazon.com are shipped with an AT&T SIM card in them. Those purchased from the UK Amazon site are shipped with a Vodafone SIM.

Amazon has different rules for using the 3G depending on whether your Kindle has a Vodafone SIM or an AT&T SIM.

Even if it's not possible to actually download the book for free over 3G, it should be possible to keep the last page synced between your devices for free over 3G.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote