View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #30
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
But why do you have to be a status whore to have an iPhone?
This.

The iPhone is actually pretty well-priced compared to other phones available. Back when I lost my dumb phone and had to replace it, the Palm Treo was like $499 on contract and the web browsing experience wasn't quite as good as with mobile safari. Over the years, smartphone prices have actually dropped to fall in line with what Apple was charging for the iPhone.

Another thing, how can the iPhone be a status symbol when practically everyone has one? The iPhone's pretty commonplace in the US nowadays and the price with contract is low enough that it's within reach to a lot of folks as long as they can afford the monthly fees (min $55/mo + taxes on AT&T: Nation 450, $40 + Data 200MB, $15).

I'm switching to Android, though, or perhaps Windows Phone 7 but the wealth of device choices make it more difficult to decide on which one to get.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 08-20-2011 at 10:05 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote