View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbino View Post
...UPS is just absolutely terrible, and they seem to the be the shipping agency of choice...
Interesting!
Here in Germany, UPS and DHL by far are the best (at least for me).
And I guess, it's easy to explain: From most others, I don't even recognize the delivery guy. Every 2 months or so another one.
In UPS and DHL, I've got the same few guys (strange enough, all only seem to have men, no women) for years already. Of course they know my habits and those of my neighbors.

Worst, for me, was GLS. I'm living at my address since 2000, nothing has changed.
GLS uses a jewelry store as their stock, I have to fetch my failed deliveries from there about 3km from my home. And of course this small store closes at 6pm.
Quite a few times, I had been at home but noone tried to deliver. On the web I saw again" failed delivery".
In this jewelry store, by coincidence I've met the regional boss of GSL. He called his delivery guy (responsible for my address), while I stood next to him.
The delivery guy said:
"You can't enter the premises, there's a huge steel gate. And an enormous dog".
I've got neither. No idea, where he tried to deliver... But no wonder: I've met about 5 delivery guys from them at my address over the last 2 years or so...

"Best" experience so far:
I've got a battery for a Sony camera.
In the evening, my wife found the package in front of our door. In the snow. Probably having been there for about 8 or 10 hours...

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-12-2014 at 04:16 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote