View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
If you want that inline TOC, there's a perfectly good way to use it. As Valloric says, Sigil is breaking them, but you can still edit the epub more directly. You can open the epub with a Zip app (I use 7zip) open the contents and edit the TOC (I do that with Notetab) Take care to use absoloue adresses instead of anchors (say you have an "#chap1" anchor - that will be say split1.xhtml#chap1). Save.Voilą! Working inline TOC. No big deal, honestly. If you split up your file chapterwise, you do not even need an anchor, just link chapter 1 to split01.html (or whatever 's the name in Sigil, I haven't opened the belly of the monster yet) But Valloric is right, inline TOCs are really not necessary!
Yes, this is the problem why links don't work: any link you create in Book View referencing an ID will have to be updated on export.

But this is not the real problem. The real problem is importing files. I'll need to scan through all of the XHTML files on import and make sure all ID's are unique for ALL files. If they are not, they need to be replaced. This means updating CSS styles too.

Anyway it's not too hard, just haven't had time to get around to it.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote