View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
What caught my eye is the quote that is next to the Barnes & Nobles sales fall article. It says

" Please don't sell B&N stock short! It has become my library, with the best magazine selection ever. I flip through at least two dozen magazines and read at least one book there with my Starbucks coffee. My average stay is two hours. ”

Is this person asking the stock holders to subsidize his favorite past time at B&N? Well, to be fair, he does buy coffee.

No wonder the B&N brick and mortar store is going out of business since people are treating it like a non-profit library, instead of a bookstore. Borders and B&N located in my neighborhood are always jam packed, especially the cafe area; however, the foot traffic to the cashier line is rather lacking comparatively. I believe a lot of people like to take advantage of the product try out and other amenities offered by the brick and mortar retail stores even though they'll eventually buy from the internet vendors. With this trend, this guy won’t be seeing his neighborhood B&N library around for much longer; in fact, he won't be seeing any brick and mortar stores around for much longer except probably Walmart or Costco or of course, Louis Vitton.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote