View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO also with TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
According to a note on Teleread, the NFB is suing Arizona State University over its plans to use Kindle DXs, saying that Amazon's TTS service is wholly unusable by the blind. I read the NFB's position and wondered what Amazon's ultimate purpose for TTS is.
Dear Rhadin:

Yes, I am interested also. Seems to me that TTS would be a blessing for the blind. Our Pocket PRO has TTS and I think that helps the elderly and the blind.

Yes, I agree that someone would have to be able to see to bring up a book and then enable the TTS. I wonder if they just want a one-button interface for the blind or something?

On the surface, TTS should be lauded by the blind.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote