View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #69
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I had gotten the Nook HD mainly for its tablet-like qualities because I didn't think that I'd like reading on the LED screen for extended periods of time since my eyes get tired when I do so on my laptop, but to my surprise, I'm not really having any problems with that.

I think it's because I am using the Cool Reader app as my preferred reading app and I've got the background color set to a very pale green-gray color that is more soothing to my eyesight than stark white. I also adjust the brightness intensity depending on the ambient light and I've found that I can read for hours on it. The stock Nook, Google and Kindle readers have way fewer adjustment options to them than the Cool Reader does; I'd have thought that they would have offered more personalization than they do.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote