View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #327
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
@Gianni

So. new day - clearer head...

Do exactly what you did before...

and run

ssh root@kt (err. your kindles IP or name if you have named it on your PC )
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to Gianni's Kindle!
then do a

[root@kindle root]# while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;

and your other solution should work.

Some background
Spoiler:

This is a problem with the kindle 3 FB calls being embedded in the code.
I did look at building it with a 5 target and have fiddled with the code from time to time idly as it is "good code", but honestly I have done nothing but FAIL with fb stuff myself so far ; )

Hawhill is aware of the fragile ioctrl issues on the 5's and Geekmaster has IIRC tried in large part to workaround them.

But those two tranches of work/thought have not met. Nor do I see them colliding without some serious Zen Master intervention way beyond my pay grade.

But anyways. the kludge should work. wrap it in a "named" shell and kill it when you are done with it. I would do that.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by twobob; 02-06-2013 at 07:33 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote