View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #22
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I don't care for ads, but it explains how Amazon can offer an 8.9" HD screen for $300.
That's certainly a large part of it. But I also believe that Amazon is attempting to establish a consistent advertising avenue. If Amazon can maintain that all (virtually all, minus the 2% who will flash custom ROM) Fire HD devices display ads, that makes ads more appealing to advertisers.

I don't get how those type of ads can make money, but they must because companies still advertise.

Some dismiss forced ads and lack of removable media on these devices as some kind of tin-foil hat conspiracy, but it is all part of the incrementalism that will result in paying more for less.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote