View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafnikit View Post
Thank you so much KevinH for your reply.

Firstly, what is the difference between between the Kindle Format 8 Standalone version and the dual version ?

Secondly, is this KF8 format readable in the previous Kindle Devices ?
And Lastly does your code generate mobi file too?
If you are thinking to make your code open source and don't mind sharing it, then can you please provide me your code, so that i can have a look at.
Kindlegen generates dual KF8 mobi ebooks which are actually two ebook versions in one .mobi file. The first is an older version mobi and the second is a KF8 mobi.

No, the ebooks my code generates can not be read on older kindles only newer ones that support KF8.

I think you should start by reading and uderstanding the Wiki we have here at mobileread to understand the mobi format. Then look at Calibre sourcecode to see how to read and convert both older and newer mobi formats. Simply google calibre to download the source, it is GPL.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote