View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't think an octahedron would work, anyway. The other faces would still be too visible. But it might not be necessary. A tetrahedron might do the job if you could adjust the intensity of the color by the distance from the surface of the screen. You'd still need a tri-pixel arrangement, either way. And I have to agree that it would be even slower than the current generation of e ink, and that would be a turnoff for me, at least.

Bistable LCDs seem a more likely candidate to me.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote