View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #73
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It's been a long time since I was studying this stuff, but at the time I learnt that any change of medium would cause light (or any electromagnetic wave, for that matter) to partially bounce, and partially go through. You can massage the numbers to minimize the bounce, using gradients or fancy materials, but my understanding is that you can't have a 100% transmission on the boundary. In physics, with the exception of superconductors, there is no "100% this way" or "100% that way".

Anyway, back on topic, I got myself a Nook Glow and really enjoying it, even with the physics limitations
Yeah, that UV coating on my glasses is a killer, not to mention the plastic lenses themselves. I'm lucky any light gets through at all.