Thread: Content Folders! Rant! Rave!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 AM   #40
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The "stumbling block" is almost without doubt the fact that their market research has shown them that the non-technically-savvy computer user doesn't really understand how to use folders. It's surely not a coincidence that ALL the eInk reader manufacturers (except iRex with the iLiad) have come to the same conclusion. I'm sure it's a "usability issue" rather than a technical one.
It wouldn't suprise me. But makers of mp3-players have solved this problem by having to browsing modes. One with folders and one more database based where you select artist and so on. So then the question becomes why they did not do it that way.

And I do not believe Bookeen came to the same conclusion. I think they did the minimal work they could to get to a product and have said officially that they will add folder support.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote