View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
@Jessica, my B&N has actually removed the chairs and I hate it. The "read-in-store" feature is worthless to me if I don't have a comfy place to sit, and that was potentially a good draw to get me to try-and-buy books from them. They would have made a bundle off me, so it was a mutually beneficial relationship, but they apparently felt the way you do about free-loading customers not being welcome in the store.
Oh yeah, I get the need to look into a book before buying, but it's one of the reasons they're diminishing. You don't take your kids to a store to sit down and read. You know? It's a place of business and they only exist to gain that profit, and if parents are taking their kids and telling them to pick out books and whatever to read to them and putting them back afterwards, it's not benefiting them.

That area is always a mess. Books are always all over the place. And actually I remember this lady I know who actually blogged on this topic too. They're as bad as the Apple Store pretty much.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote