View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Text import - loan words

I have noted that when I import a text file which uses Markdown formatting for italic characters (_txt_) things work fine except in two circumstances -

1) The italics should extend over more than one word e.g. _Hard Times_ (this may only happen when the phrase extends over more than one line)

2) A single word contains an accented character e.g _littérateur_

I can understand the problem in correctly identifying (1) as a missing closing _ can mean whole pages in Italics, however is there some setting I can use in Calibre to catch case (2).

This is an unfortunate side effect of a book which, although in English, is loaded with foreign words.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote