Thread: Ebook Piracy
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Find out who has the rights to the books, Brust or Tor, and ask them whether the books were authorized to be scanned, and free copies given out. And you'll have your answer.

If I write a new novel, and I sign the rights over to a publisher who decides they will not authorize e-book copies, even I have no right to give you a copy. No one does, except the rights owner. If I retained those rights, I can give you an e-book without hesitation, whether the publisher likes it or not.

Whether you work for someone for pay, or gratis, they are not allowed to pay you or give you something which is not legally theirs to give.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote