View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindler2 View Post

Now, I have it registered, the books have been transfered from PC to Kindle2, I can scroll, I can use the search feature, and I'm actually loving the thing now. HOORAY HOORAY!!!

I'm going to see about a cover to put the whole device in. I still have this hang-up about scratching it, but after this episode I'm not sure I can find anything other than putting the original plastic film back over it and just cutting out a small hole for the toggle switch.

Now, back to the instructions to see if it will cut and paste.

Thank you all for your suggestions and patience. No wonder I was having trouble the rest of you weren't. It all centered on the toggle that wouldn't work because of the plastic film protector. Now I can actually spend a little time reading and learning the rest of it.

I wanted to be sure to mention this, as nutty as it sounds, because I'm guessing someone else is, or will be, going through the same scenerio. So, the next time we see a newbie poster with a similar problem, we can make sure they have taken the cover off! Or at least cut out an opening for the toggle switch.

Thanks again.
Hey........thanks for posting this. Like we all haven't done something similar.

I was trying to figure out why my mouse wouldn't work when I first got it. Kept trying to turn it on, made sure the batteries were fresh, got really frustrated.

Then realized the USB dongle (it was a tiny 1/4" one) was still in its little holder inside the mouse.

As for covers, please be sure and look at the Oberons. They are a little pricy, but gorgeous, made in the USA by a family owned company, and very well constructed......Enjoy your Kindle.

http://oberondesign.com/Kindle2.php
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote