View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I reserved a spot on the list thread, though I did the same this year and didn't update it at all Maintaining a list at Goodreads and here is a little much for me but I want to actually give it a fair go in 2013.

I have no concrete 2013 challenges (I learned my lesson the hard way this year: having too specific reading goals is not a motivator for me ) but I have a few ideas on where I want my reading to go this year that I'm still fleshing out. If all fails, I'll just read whatever comes to hand, and maintain a list as usual

What I really want this year, which is not a reading goal, is to seriously curb my spending on ebooks. My ongoing TBR Decimation challenge has been helpful (though I'm totally ignoring the rules!) but I need to step it up. I only count my paid books as my true TBR [ebook] list (everything else I consider as unread; less pressure that way ), and of that I have over 300 books. And that's not counting ebook bundles/collections and print books (which I still buy a few of throughout the year). I've budgeted how much I want to spend in 2013 and set up gift credit at both Amazon and Kobo (my two most frequented ebook stores); I've allocated 3/4 of my budgeted amount at these two stores and the final 1/4 will be for elsewhere. I think this is a good starting point.

So, for 2013, I'm hoping for more structured reading, exploring new-to-me genres/subgenres, and spending way less on books
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote