Thread: Troubleshooting Dead pixel problem solution?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
NEVER clean the Kindle WiFi eInk screen unless it is really dirty. I've never cleaned mine at all for the last 6 months since purchase. If you keep it covered with the Marware cover, it should last clean without any cleaning almost forever.

If it does get dirty, then a good product for cleaning sensitive LCD and other organic screens can be found here:

http://www.pixelclean.com/product/Pi...Set-of-12.html

I use that for TV LCD screens, Garmin GPS Devices, cell phones, camera lenses, etc. Just wipe GENTLY in the middle with the wet cloth and then GENTLY dry with the dry cloth towards the edges. If you apply pressure or get liquid near the edges, it could destroy the screen.

LCD TV's need that for dust accumulations once every 6 weeks but hand held devices almost never need that cleaning unless they are really dirty.
I clean it dry with a microfiber cloth. When it has dust. It's just like wiping the dust off. I don't use any cleaning solution or even water.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote