View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #64
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had the 2008 version, the PRS-700. It was a POS to be sure. But the light wasn't the problem! The problem was the reflective touch layer that floated a good 3 - 4mm above the screen that made the normally super sharp and matte eink screen look dull and blurred. The light if anything was the only thing that made it possible to read on the 700. And I did end up giving it back within a week. I had the PRS-600 too, which didn't have the light, but had the same touch layer, and was almost as bad.

Same problems too, glare and lack of screen contrast due to the touch layer. Which is why this Sony attitude of "we tried the light and people hated it" annoys me so much. It wasn't the light people hated, but the low quality of the touch layer.

The PRS-600 went back to the store also, and I stuck with the PRS-550 until the 650 came out.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote