Thread: Glo Calibre and Shelves
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainio View Post
Thank you for your replies, but I'm still having problems.
I guess calibre isn't very intuitive for me.

So, I created a shelf #shelves in the device/settings and added the column through calibre/preferences, but that only created a column in the main library, not the device/library.
That is what you should do and what should happen.
Quote:

The weired thing is that the shelves are shown, but under the column "Collections" in the device/library (ie. Im_reading and a shelf I created on the kobo called Nonfiction), but I can't edit the metadata of the books on the "device" so can't change the location of the devices books from within calibre.
That is working exactly how it is designed. Based on the column specified, The driver maintains the shelves on the device. The device list simply shows the current state on the device. The "Collections" column (the column name is common to all devices) shows what shelves the books are on on the device plus a few special "collections". These collections are really states of the books such "Im_Reading" and "Read". You can't change the shelves here. And yes, that means if you have books on the device that are not in the calibre library, you can't change the shelf they are on from calibre.
Quote:
Also, jusmee mentioned "Preferences | Change Calibre Behaviour | Add your own columns",
but isn't it "Preferences ¦ Interface ¦ Add your own columns".
Strangely enough, you are both right. If you press the down-arrow next to the preferences button, a menu opens. The first option is "Change Calibre Behaviour". And as "Interface" is not an action (menu item or button) some people would skip it in the description of how to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote