View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #22
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Yep. I do. His work is appalling. Look at the "non-fake" the hundreds of one star "this is terrible" reviews. He said himself that he wasn't selling much until those reviews came out - then his sales boomed.
I read, I think, two of his books. I wasn't blown away but I didn't feel they were any more atrocious than much of what I see publishers putting out in MMP these days. The biggest difference was I paid 99cents (Actually I paid nothing using Kobo discount codes) while if Penguin etc had been in charge they would have wanted $7.99.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the pay for reviews thing but it is rampant in the industry these days. I really don't view him any better or worse.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote