View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
Since iFixIt beat me to the punch in disassembling the KF, I went ahead and drop and scratch tested it - Kindle Fire Drop Test with a video.

I was astonished. The outer glass is pretty much unbreakable and unscratchable. You can carry KF in a box full of screws and nails and it would be fine.

After a bad 6' fall the LCD did break internally, but outer glass didn't have a dent on it.

When I set out testing it, I assumed that this "20 times stronger, 30 times tougher" buzz was just marketing. Turns out - it is not.
This is good to know. I don't have to hover over my children when they use theirs. Constantly telling them to not be so rough with it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote