View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alternative View Post
Don,
I disagree! Reading (and using) Harry T's tutorial will make using Book Designer a snap. I see a lot of comments about how difficult Book Designer is to use and never "voice up." Now its time! BD is an excellent software package and is actually quite easy to use. I've never used Calibre so can't comment but I think too many people are put off from using Book Designer by the negative comments (read "it's too hard to use") that it gets on this board.
I've been using BD for about a year now... I've used it to hand-edit more than fifty books and documents and can safely say that I am more than proficient with it. And yes, it is a nightmare. The more you use it, the more you'll realize this. It has a huge number of quirks, bugs and idiosyncrasies. If you're just doing a few minor edits to a book, you'll be fine... but when you once spend several hours a day with it you'll quickly discover a whole new world of frustration.

I hate to say this--and I don't mean to offend the person who made it--but it's poorly designed and poorly coded. It's also out of date and it's development has ceased.

The saddest thing is, it's the best ebook editor we've got right now.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote