View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #16
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle DX, Paperwhite, Paperwhite II, and Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPE View Post
I am reluctant to jailbreak my Paperwhite. I'd like to keep it as stable as possible, especially considering how simple of a device it is. I'm also not sure that I want to get addicted to a feature only to loose it at the next software update and have to wait for the next jailbreak.

Although I must say that having the current book's cover as a screen saver does seem like a very nice feature.
That's a fair point. However, compared with jailbreaks I have done previously on iPhones, for example, this one is very easy, and seems to be very stable.

I also tend to keep Wi-Fi off - when I buy a book I just download it to Calibre and sideload it from there - so I don't get updates automatically. Instead, I tend to run an update or two behind (as I do with pretty much everything - Mac, Phone etc) so by the time I come to update, any issues are already sorted, and someone has worked out how to jailbreak the latest version.

Having the book cover as a screensaver is pretty cool - I am very surprised this isn't a part of the standard Kindle OS.
Hendrixxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote