View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #309
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
I'm completely in love with this, but I'm having a problem I'm not quite sure how to solve. I skimmed through this thread and didn't see anyone else reporting the problem, but it didn't start until I started using Calibur along with the Collection Manager to create my series collections and then nest them under their author. Everything is out of order. When I loaded up my kindle before I started messing around with the jailbreak, or installing this or the screensaver hack which is the only other thing I have installed, everything was in order using sort by collections then author sort inside the collections. I was using the set the publication dates in descending order trick to get them in order. Is there something different I need to do? Is there something I'm missing? If it's helpful I'm using a Paperwhite with FW 5.3.1.
Kindle does not support nested collections normally. As a result the way CM handles it you loose the ability for your Kindle to display the collections first and then all non-collections items afterwards. If you want the sub-collections to display first, you will need to change the sort to "title" and make sure your sub-collections are in front (e.g. by leading 000 or something).

The Kindle does not have the ability to sort by book number either. So if you want to have it sort by books in a series then you will have to add the book number to the title of the book. Calibre can do that automatically for you by using metadata plugboards. You would need to check out the calibre forum for specifics and more details, but here is a plugboard you can use for including the book-number as part of the title.

Example (quick and dirty):
In calibre goto to preferences/import-export/metadata plugboards and choose:
from format: any format
device: KINDLE
source template: {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
destination field: title

Now every time you send a book to your Kindle from calibre (via send to device) the metadata of the book will be changed to include the book number in a series as part of the title of the book with one leading 0 for book 1-9. So for example if you have The Dresden Files then the first book (Storm Front) will get the metadata changed on the file that is beeing send to the Kindle to: 01 - Storm Front. Whereas the last book (so far) would be changed to: 14 - Cold Days.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote