View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks to you all. I found basically the same stuff about emdash and hyphens, and where I had used hyphens when a 'change of thought' occurs have changed them to em dashes using —. But I agree with Jelby about having a space on both sides -- I think it works better on a narrow page.

Anyway, I'm about to upload the second version of The War Prayer having corrected the typo, centered the headings, and put a little more space below the headings.

But I haven't added a full line because I don't like too much blank space on my Cybook screen. I'm reading a book now which often has gaps of 20% of the screen in the text, and I think it looks ugly.

I'd appreciate feedback on the second version.

On a more general topic I'd really like to see a sticky with information about recommended styling, or even perhaps a seperate forum for newbie publishers. Any takers?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote